It’s inspired by John Oliver and his Last Week Tonight rant about 2016 – a year with a lot of challenges!
You can watch his rant here (WARNING! This video contains foul language and is somewhat rude):
For those of you who enjoy a little rude fun like this, consider hosting an f-you 2016 New Year’s party! Say buh-bye to a truly horrid year. It doesn’t matter what political party you belong to either. 2016 was notably bad for far more than divisive politics. Here’s just a short list of all the yucky things that occurred:
- Many celebrity deaths… Prince, David Bowie, Muhammad Ali to name just a few
- Mother Nature wasn’t super supportive either, as we were hit by city destroying forest fires, a nasty hurricane, historic flooding, and a devastating earthquake. There are probably more examples!
- The Syrian refugee crisis dominated the year
- The ongoing wars in and around the Middle East appeared unsolvable
- There were multiple large scale terrorist attacks targeting many countries
- And finally UGHHHH… the divisive politics
All in all it’s probably a year we are all happy to see gone, so this New Year’s Eve party idea is a fun alternative theme. Ring in the new year by sending out the old year with a real bang… that is blowing it up with a bomb.
The invitation design features a comic book cartoon style bomb with explosion and the words buh-bye 2016. There is a raised hand giving the middle finger gesture. All in good fun! Celebrate the incoming new year by saying f-you to the old year. 2017 is hopefully going to be much better.
Shop for this Novelty Funny 2017 New Year’s Party Invitation
Blow Up 2016 Party Decor Ideas from Amazon
You can have fun decorating the party with toy bombs and grenades paired with orange lighting and fire.
Shannon is a graphic designer for Wasootch, a special occasion stationery and gift shop that specializes in unique and affordable wedding and bridal shower stationery.