Wedding season is upon us and I thought I’d share one of the trends I absolutely love—the bicycle wedding trend. Many modern couples are opting for more simple, casual weddings in lieu of formal, uptight and stressful events. Bicycles are perfect for creating a more relaxed wedding atmosphere. A wonderful accessory for the outdoor wedding, the bicycle theme can easily be incorporated into indoor weddings as well. There’s something so charming and playful about a bicycle themed wedding.
Adding bicycle elements into your special day is a perfect way to reflect the personalities of a couple who loves to cycle, the eco-conscious or just to add a touch or carefree whimsy to the event. From the save the dates, invitations and coordinating wedding stationery items to the event decor and favors, cute tandem or his and her bicycles add an endearing component to your special day. Below is a list of fun ways to incorporate the bicycle wedding trend into your special event:
- Wedding invitations & coordinating stationery items featuring tandem or his and her bicycles
- Ring Bearer and/or Flower Girl riding in on a sweet tricycle
- Paint vintage bicycle wheels, add flowers and hang them as decor
- Make a chandelier from bike wheels
- Bicycle themed favors, cake toppers & centerpieces
- Create a display for table assignment or escort cards from an old bike wheel
- Take photographs of the bride and groom riding off into their future together on a tandem or his and her bicycles
- Use bicycles as props in wedding party photos
- The Bride & Groom lead a bicycle procession to the reception
Bride & Groom led bicycle procession to the reception
Bicycle Wedding Trend Invitations, RSVP Cards & More
I’ve put together a selection of charming bicycle wedding trend save the date announcements, invitations, rsvp cards and postage design by some of the Party Simplicity contributors. Click on the images below to go to the product page of each invitation design where you can easily personalize with your event details and purchase.
Here’s a great real life wedding video of a bride & groom bicycling to the wedding reception. How fun!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this post on the delightful bicycle wedding trend.
Debbie is the owner and designer at The Spotted Olive, an online shop specializing in modern & trendy design of personalized Invitations, business cards, stationery & gifts.